(Well, I’ve been given this job, but how do I do it)?
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (if used)
- Is responsible for all technical
aspects and effects in show.
- Acquires lighting person.
- Oversees designing and hanging
- Arranges for operators and a lighting
script unless a separate lighting designer is used.
- Acquires a sound person.
- Assures sound production is done
early, so actors can practice timing with actual effects.
- Supplies operator and a sound script.
- Builds and runs (if requested) any
special effects required.
- Acquires any lighting and sound
- gels and bulbs
-blank tape and sound effect records/C.D.'s
- Another important aspect of this job, is making sure all techies actually know
their job. Many think they do, but don't!
- If T.D. is not
used, these same requirements apply to the lighting and sound designers. Special
effects become the headache of the S.M.